Publisher Bohemia Interactive and third-party developer Savage Game Design are pleased to announce release of the major Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire. The launch is being celebrated with a new trailer.
This brand new expansion for Arma 3 takes players back to the Vietnam War and delivers a massive 300 km2 terrain, 4 factions, 100+ weapons and vehicles (including variants), a co-op campaign for up to 14 players, 9 multiplayer scenarios, 5 singleplayer missions, and more.
The S.O.G. Prairie Fire DLC is available now on Steam for $22.99 USD (€22.99 EUR / £19.99 GBP). Those who purchase the DLC in the first week of its release will receive a 15% discount (price with discount: $19.54 USD / €19.54 EUR / £16.99 GBP).
In support of the DLC’s release, the Arma 3 base game is currently on sale on Steam at 75% off. All other Arma 3 DLCs will also receive temporary discounts of up to 66%. This time-limited offer lasts until May 13.
Key features of the S.O.G. Prairie Fire Creator DLC include:
- 300 km2 Cam Lao Nam terrain
- 4 factions
- 50+ weapons
- 50+ vehicles & static weapons
- Multiplayer co-op campaign
- 9 multiplayer scenarios
- 5 singleplayer scenarios
- New sounds & sound effects
- New music
- New unique gameplay modules
- New objects and buildings
Furthermore, S.O.G. Prairie Fire supports 8 of Arma 3‘s more popular community-made game modes at launch, all of which were prepared in collaboration with their original authors.
People who wish to listen to S.O.G. Prairie Fire’s atmospheric music outside of the game itself can also purchase the soundtrack separately in high-quality digital format over on Steam.
For a complete overview of the DLC, please visit the Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire store page on Steam – or go to the project’s official website at https://www.sogpf.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Arma 3 Creator DLC?
- Creator DLC is a label for original Arma 3 projects made by third-party developers and published by Bohemia Interactive. This program enables external talent to earn a financial reward for their work, while players get to enjoy more new quality content. For more information, please visit the Arma 3 website.
- Why is Creator DLC optional to install?
- We have decided to make it optional to have the Creator DLC data installed. This is mainly to avoid regular Arma 3 installations from requiring a lot more additional hard-drive storage, even for those who have not purchased Creator DLC. The second reason is that a Creator DLC’s theme or setting might be very different from regular Arma 3 and not everyone might want it to be visible in their game.
- How do I launch S.O.G. Prairie Fire?
- You will need to visit the DLC section in the Arma 3 Launcher, make sure S.O.G. Prairie Fire is owned and loaded, then launch the game by clicking the PLAY button.
- Can I still play together with people who do not own the DLC in multiplayer?
- To enable non-owners to still play on multiplayer servers that make use of S.O.G. Prairie Fire content, Savage Game Design has published a “compatibility data for non-owners” via the Steam Workshop. Be aware that access to the DLC’s premium Cam Lao Nam terrain, campaign, and singleplayer scenarios remain exclusive to owners of the DLC. Restrictions to the use of non-owned content also apply.
- What does “S.O.G.” in S.O.G. Prairie Fire stand for?
- The name S.O.G. Prairie Fire refers to the “Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group” (MACV-SOG), which was a United States Special Forces unit established in 1964 to conduct covert operations in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. This task force plays a central role in the DLC’s multiplayer co-op campaign. Savage Game Design has been closely collaborating with US Special Forces veterans who served in MACV-SOG until it was deactivated in 1972, as well as with Vietnamese advisors.